How To Downgrade Moto E XT1022 From Lollipop To Kitkat
We are here with our next tutorial for you.
As we all know that Moto E first generation phone got android lollipop 5.1 update….but that is little bit heavy update so that occupy all the space as well as battery drain is also an big issue in lollipop….so if you want to downgrade your moto e in kitkat again as kitkat had very very good battery life then follow our method….
TO proceed first of all you need to make sure that your bootloader is unlock…
if not then follow this guide below
HOW TO UNLOCK MOTO E BOOTLOADER
1. backup of your entire device data.
2.Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here
3. Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop from here. (If not then they will install via your mobile also)
4. Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
5. Open Command Prompt by nevigate the folder where you installed minimal adb or fastboot and run the PY file.
6. Connect your Phone to PC
7. Type this in the CMD prompt window – fastboot oem get_unlock_data
8. You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
9. Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
10. Now go to the Motorola Site. Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #8. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of page.
To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto E.
To relock the bootloader:
Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock
Now How to Downgrade from lollipop to kitkat
(If you are not able to download batch script file then try this method to create batch file….
First of all open a new notepad file in windows…now copy paste these commonds from below
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
and Save this file with name of “Down.bat”)
Install minimal adb and fastboot in a specific new folder.
Now, extract the kitkat stock rom in the same folder.
Now, copy the batch script file into that folder.
Boot your moto e to fastboot mode. To do so, first, switch off your phone. Now, press the power button and and volume down button at the same time and release after 5-10 seconds.
Now, connect your moto e to your PC and run the batch script file(Down.bat).
Video guide is below